Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Virginia Beach

Sandy Paradise!
by Kyle C.

IMG_0120.JPGIMG_0121.JPGThe bright glare of sun was sizzling my back on the long, sandy beach. Luckily, I would not be hot much longer because there was an enormous wave heading right for me! I dove under the water right in the nick of time. The wave missed me by inches as it came crashing over me. My Dad rode in the wave, so it took me a little while to find him. He surprised me because he popped up a little closer than I expected him to.
He snatched my hand so I didn’t get hurt by the upcoming wave. I just floated over it because it was not ready to crash. I ran out shivering even though it was warmer than any other ocean I have ever been in! I grabbed my towel and dried myself off, yet I felt like I was being scrapped because I still had little bits of sand and salt stuck to me. I looked around, and I saw that I had the perfect opportunity to gather everyone up for a Kan Jam tournament.
I yelled to everyone that we will be having an intense tournament of Kan Jam. I love playing Kan Jam because it is a competitive game, and because one good throw in the slot and you win!Everyone came over, and luckily, we had sorted out the teams at the house before we came. First up was my Mom and I against my Dad and my brother, Kevin. After going over the rules, the game started. We won the first game, so we were now in the winners' bracket. The next game was my sister, Kayla, and her boyfriend Pat against my sister, Kelly, and her boyfriend Joe. My sister, Kayla’s, team won so we played against them in the championship. I had the final shot to win the game.
I picked up the frisbee off the steaming sand. I wrapped my fingers around the end of the frisbee and got a tight grasp on it. The pressure was on! I flung the frisbee towards the can. It flew and it caught wind… but it caught too much wind! It gradually
went higher. Too high! It scraped the top of the can. Not enough points to win, so we lost! Although we lost, we all still had a great day at the beach, and I bet there will be many more great ones to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment