Wednesday, January 14, 2015

First Time Meeting My Niece

                   First Time Meeting My Niece
                                                                                                    By: Anna P.

 I don’t think this is going to go well. I’m going to see my baby niece and I’m really nervous. What if she doesn’t like me? What if she starts crying because of me? “Are we there yet?” my brother, Andy, asked while playing on the iPad. It took for ever in the car and I was getting hungry. My family was finally there.

 They lived in an apartment at the very back of the building at the highest floor. Once I walked in their apartment, I could see my nieces Mom, Dad (they were all pretty young), Grandmother, and Grandfather,(on her Mom’s side) all asking things like “How was the plane ride?” or “What did you do back in America?”. Then suddenly, the Mother and Father told us to be more quiet because the baby was sleeping. My Mom said that we should all go look at the baby in her room especially when she’s sleeping.

Wow, she was really cute! I just wanted to hug and squeeze her real tight. Maybe she wasn’t so bad after all. But just maybe. We were there for about five minutes and her grandma said it was time for lunch. Good, because I was really getting starving. The food was also really good, way better than I expected--until the baby started crying. I don’t know if it was Andy yelling “No, nooo” because he lost on a game (on the iPad), or if my mom was being too dramatic talking to them. But her mom quickly went into her room and start hugging her and trying to make her to stop crying.

I always have the feeling whenever I hear a baby cry, I feel sorry for them, and then I feel like I’m going to cry. When I was done eating my delicious lunch, my Mom and Dad asked them if I could hold her because I have never held another baby except Andy.

I gave them a “Why did you say that?” look and then smiled at the other people. Her father told me how to hold a baby. Once I held her, I felt the warmth of her smile. Maybe she wasn’t so bad after all. Her grandma said I look like a mini mom. Maybe I liked babies all along, I just didn’t know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment