Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Years Eve

New Years Eve
When are they coming! It was New Years Eve and my family was having a party. I’ve been waiting for my cousins to come. I was so excited, we were going to boston on the subway. The people in my family that were going was my sister Jade, my brother Dale, my cousins Joslyn,Jenna,Jessie,Nicole, my dad, my Auntie Sherri, my my uncle Steve, and me. But before we went I had to get ready to go. I skipped steps as I raced up the stairs into my room with anxiousness built up inside me.


But as I raced up the stairs my mom said make sure you dress really warm it freezing out side. So thats what I did. First I put on my dri-fit sweat pants over my leggings and put my ugg boots on. I felt the soft wool on the inside of my boots run threw my fingers as I slipped them on. I leaped up on my feet and galloped down the stairs into my mom and dads room on the second floor. She handed me a long-jon shirt so I will be nice and warm. Next I brushed my hair out and galloped down another set of stairs to the first floor to get gloves, a hat, a scarf, and my black puffy winter coat. I gazed out the window with hope that i’d see my cousins silver mini van. They were here. “They're here” I yelled up to my brother and sister,my dad was already down stairs.

Were driving in our cousins car to the subway. When I opened the door and first stepped foot on the porch I shivered. It’s freezing outside. I could see my breath, It looked like a little cloud. I quickly dashed to the car and said hi to my cousins. The warm heat blowing on my cold face. But after a while with the heat blasting and several layers of warm clothes on it felt like I was standing next to a blazing fire. We were about 20 minutes away from the subway and I had a headache I started to take of my gloves,hat,scarf, and jacket. I felt so much better after I did. It took about 45 minutes but we finally arrived at the subway.

I whipped my winter clothes back on and leaped out of the car with joy. I sighed with relief, the cold freezing air never felt so good. I saw little bright white flurries falling from the star-less sky. After a couple of minutes everyone was ready to go. when I opened the door I heard people talking and the trains stopping with a screech. The parents made sure everyone was there because there were seven of us kids. We started walking towards the machine that gives you a card to let you get pass the gates. Pretty soon we were standing waiting for the train to take us to the part of Boston were going to.

The trained stopped in front of us so we leaped in the train struggling to get seats so we didn't have to hold on to the nasty poles. The train wibbled  and wobbled till it came to a complete stop. We gathered together as we got out of the train. We raced up the stairs, and out of the train station. We saw sky scraping building the second we opened the doors. Were going to see fire-works they start at about 10:00 pm and we have to be home before 12:00 pm. Its 9:00 pm right now. As we were walking along the concrete path we spotted ice skaters and we stopped to watch. I gazed at the blades on they're skates glide across the smooth ice. They did amazing tricks.


Right next to the ice skaters were the ice sculptures. My favorite one was the octopus. It was about time to see the fire-works. We spotted a good spot to watch them. We all felt num. The cold,freezing air was blowing on our red rosy cheeks. “wow” Jenna said, They're was a bright blue fire-work that lit up the sky. Then many more after that one. Pretty soon it was 11:00 pm, the fire-works were over, and it was time to hop back on the train and go home. We headed back  to the subway on the same path we came from. They're were not that many people on the train this time. After a while we were in the car on the way back to my house.


they're was about half an hour left till 2014. When we arrived at my house we took off all of our winter clothes and got ginger ale. Time flies by so fast that we were already counting down 5,4,3,2,1 HAPPY NEW YEAR. As the new year began I knew it was going to be a good one. and it was.




No comments:

Post a Comment