Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Coney Island

by Paul C.

“Cyclone” I expected the Cyclone to be much more than it was.The time I went to Coney Island my dad and I went on a ride called the Cyclone. I do not know why it was called the “Cyclone”,But,I do know that it was very fun...and very unique...that unique part was definitely was not in good way. There we found the Cyclone,finally and it was the only ride we could go on because the rest of the park had been rented out to a school group. This ride looked like it hadn’t been touched in 80 years. It had not been painted or even looked updated,but we still went on.I was excited and nervous all at the same time. We walked up this weird ramp and was directed to another couple of ramps. Then I had to get my height checked but getting my height checked and that was like 5 seconds but,it felt like an hour,it was weird because the people seemed like they did not know what they were doing! But,checking someone's height seems simple to me...I mean its not rocket science,or at at least i never thought it was,and then we were finally able to buy ticket. As we climbed in the cart,they pushed the lap bar down and we started moving.First we climbed and went up and up then we started going kind of fast...the roller coaster was very rickey and then we started going down and then making sharp turns.”Wheee” The beams were close to my Dad’s head and he had to duck down not to hit his head.We moved in a spiral.then almost like magic the ride was over!When the ride was over I was so doleful...doleful means sad!I was sad because the ride was over but then again,I was not that sad.My mom came over and asked us if it was scary and we both said "no".But than again it might have been if i was not thinking so much on how fun it was to be in New York so then,mab then maybe it would! After that,we also went to some shops and I purchased a shirt and then we walked around to some places.After that we went to dunkin doughnuts and my mom got a coffee then to Nathan's and I got a burger and some frozen lemonade and my dad got a burger too and my mom got a hot dog.We walked around the boardwalk on the beach.We had to get in the car and then we drove off and then I said "Goodbye New York and hello school!" THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment