Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Something's in my House

Somethings In My House                             
 By, Anna O.

“AHHH!”, my Mom squealed. It was about seven years ago and my Dad and I were in my room picking out a bedtime story to read before bed. We almost fell out of my bed when we heard the squeal! “You wait here, I’m going to see why your mom just screamed. It might just be a spider or something”, my Dad told me. I felt the wind of the door slamming blow against my face. So I just kept waiting, in my room, with the door closed, in the dark, hearing creaks from bouncing on my bed non stop. I wonder what was going on out there!

All of a sudden, I heard more squealing, a door slam, and feet scampering down the stairs. Then I started hearing a weird flapping sound coming from my parents’ bedroom. I was really confused, but not scared. While I was in my room, my parents were talking downstairs. “What are we going to do?! There’s a bat in our house!”, my Mom shrieked. “Wait a second, where’s Anna?!”, she added nervously.

My Mom stampered up the stairs, tripping over her own feet. She slid across the hallway floor and threw my bedroom door open, knocking over everything behind the door. She ran to my bed, throwing me into her arms. She ran out my bedroom door, slamming the door behind us. It felt like the house shook. She ran down the hall, still with me in her arms. My legs were hitting every corner. I knew we were going to trip. The carpet in the hallway slid everywhere while we ran by. I tried asking my mom what was going on but she couldn’t hear my over all of her loud footsteps. She ran down the stairs, skipping two steps every step. Finally we reached the bottom.

I saw that my little brother was sleeping on the couch and my Dad was talking to someone on the phone. My Mom could tell that I was scared so she told me that there was a bat in our house but Batman was coming to capture it. While my family and I were waiting for “Batman” to come, we sat on the couch and watched TV. After about fifteen minutes, “Batman” came. He ran upstairs as fast as lightning with my Dad to capture the bat.

While they were upstairs, I heard screaming, flapping, loud banging, shrieking, and stomping. After all of that screaming and flapping, my Dad and “Batman”  came downstairs with the bat in a cage and a lot of bad scratches on their hands, but they were fine. “Thank you for coming here so late at night”, my Mom thanked. “No problem”, “Batman” replied. We opened the front door, opened the cage, and let the bat free. As “Batman” was headed out the front door, he told my parents and I something that made my mouth open so wide!

He said, “You got really lucky, that bat was about to have babies!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment