Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Bike Bites The Dust

My Bike Bites the Dust
by Amit

“Woo-Hoo!” I hollered as my dad fetched the bikes. My bike was a flash of orange in the sunlight. As I sped through the backyard, I had to squint to see. The sun was shining on the boiling summer day. It was the perfect time to go bicycling.

I related to the song in the show Phineas and Ferb. It's called "Summer Where Do We Begin." My favorite part is the chorus: "The days are longer, the nights are shorter, the sun is shining, it's noticeably warmer." It described this day perfectly. My sister zapped me back into reality by challenging me to a race. "Game on!" I replied.

I, with my larger bike, was several meters ahead. I made a quick swivel to turn around, and then went full speed to finish the race around the oval shaped track. Abruptly, there was a SCREECH! I realized that I had forgotten to switch the handles to their rightful positions! At the exact wrong moment there was a THUNK THUD and an ERK! I had gone over a crevice in the pavement!

As my bike slipped on the curb, I shrieked and screamed. Suddenly, everything was in slow motion. My bike twisted and turned, swerving left and right, spiraling and looping everywhere! I slammed the brakes only to find out that the pedal had fallen off! I yelled as the handle pierced my stomach. I coughed and wheezed, shocked that I couldn't breathe.

Later, my dad ran over, rushed me into the house, and put numbing ice on me. After the incident, I had a gash on my stomach, and quite a few scrapes and scratches. From then on, I made sure my handles were in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment