Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Niagara Falls

Neeva T.


  Right at that moment, I had known they were lying to me, but I still pestered them about it. “Where are we going Dad? Mom, where are we going?”
“Oh nowhere special,” they would tell me, “now start packing and I will come over and help you.”
“Ugh…” I muttered.
Well, it turns out that we were going on a ten hour road trip to Niagara Falls!


  We had an enormous breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was because my parents knew we were going to make it to Niagara Falls near midnight. I’m surprised I kept up and not feel sick, but I guess it was worth it because I didn’t feel famished during the ride. I was pretty much asleep most of the ride, so I don’t remember seeing exquisite sights. But I’m glad I got enough sleep and energy for the trip.


  When I woke up, we were in a packed parking lot. When we got out of the car, it was hot but not enough to be scorching. We were all very thrilled! So was I, but I was aggravated at the same time because I was in a deep long sleep, until my sister woke me up and I was still tired. But soon enough I was fully awake. We went into a building where you had to pay for your parking spot and everything. As we headed out, we got these clear blue, almost raincoats, but in the style of a poncho, because it was so wet out there. We got out, and I saw one of the most beautiful and astonishing sights I could ever see!


  There were all different colored lights everywhere! Yellow as blinding as the sun, pink as light as cotton candy, red as bright as red roses, green as sour limes, light blue just as the morning sky, and purple as a beautiful sunset. All the colors mixed were just as pretty. As the water fell heavily, the waterfall almost looked like a big, bright, and colorful puffy cloud. The lights at the Fall were so radiant and beautiful. The water splashing onto Niagara River, getting most people who were in the way, wet. I was getting jostled and nudged a lot to the point where I almost fell, but I wouldn’t blame them for trying to see this sight. The whole crowd was in awe, their eyes shimmering with the reflection of the bright lights. The Niagara Falls Light Show was on!


  We had watched for an awfully long time, and it was already midnight! Our legs were sore from moving to different spots, trying get a good picture and an amazing view. We went back to the parking lot and carried our luggages into the hotel we were staying at. We checked in at the hotel. We were going to go back to the Falls in the morning, so we had a good night sleep and rest.



   In the morning we had planned to go on the tour boat, “Maid of the Mist”. So we changed out of our pajamas and bolted downstairs to have breakfast at the hotel. Soon enough it was already time to go. We had the poncho-styled raincoat on again and we headed to the boat. Everyone was pushing each other trying to get on the boat. Once we got on the boat, we all put the hoods of our raincoats on our heads and tightened it because we were definitely getting wet! It was very crowded and there were lots of tourist, including us, who brought water-proof cameras. We got super close to the Falls itself, and got drenched! The waterfall was so beautiful, along with the nature. It was so cool how Goat Island separated the waterfall. We had so much fun on the “Maid of the Mist”.



   Soon enough, it was lunch time and we went to the dining hall in the hotel to eat. After we finished, we headed back to our room and got our luggages. I basically lugged my luggage because it was too heavy for my tiny noodle arms at the time. My dad helped me though. We checked out and went to the parking lot. We placed our luggage inside our car and got inside. My Mom drove on the way back, since my Dad drove on the way here first. She put the key in the keyhole, turned the key right until it met the word “start”, pulled the gear stick to reverse and backed up the car, set the gear stick back to drive, and off we went.


We had made a couple of stops to get more water and to eat. That day was much hotter than the day when we arrived at Niagara Falls, so it was a struggle on the road. We were all exhausted yet there were ten hours left until we got home. My Sister and I ended up falling asleep, but my parents were awake since they had to take turns on driving. It was just all really tiring.


We finally got back home! We were all stuffed, tired, and our legs were sore. It was past midnight, and we were all worn out. All we did when we got in the house was sleep! We didn’t even bother to unpack, we just slept. But I hope we get to go Niagara Falls again! I’ll surely never forget my fun experience at Niagara Falls! 


No comments:

Post a Comment