Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Personal narrative

 
 
       
 
       There I was, standing at the starting line, regretting my decision. Earlier that morning I was getting ready to run the 5K. At first, I thought running it sounded easy, until I stood there about to run it.
      I was just standing there, waiting and waiting and waiting, when finally the man said "GO!". At last, I started zooming in front of everyone, until I got so tired that I stopped. I didn't pace myself at first. And then, Adrian(my friend) caught up to me and told me to jog for the beginning of the race. It seemed like a  kazillion years before I got to the 1 mile mark. Yes, there was water. By the time I got to the water station, my legs were throbbing. Already I could tell that that day was going to be a long day.  As I was making my way to the 2 mile mark, I kept stopping then walking then sprinting in that exact order.
        At that moment I was feeling really bad so I stopped and started walking. Unicorns were buzzing inside my head telling me to keep going. To keep myself running, I said to myself "pretend that I'm on a mystical unicorn running from an evil chicken." It actually worked because before I knew it I was at the 2 and a half mile mark. I was almost there I could hear everyone cheering for the racers. But as I was making my way to the finish line, I stopped. I didn't know what got into me but I just had to stop.
      When I looked up I saw a bunch of people passing me drinking water, that's it I hadn't had a drink of water since the last water stop. Oh well, I just had to keep going. I was only .09 miles away, I could make it. I started jogging and then before I knew it I was sprinting. I ran past at least ten people. All of a sudden everything slowed down. I thought that I was going to pass out, so I decided to sprint full speed before I did. It was a lot of work. As I got closer to the finish line, the cheers were becoming louder. As I crossed the finish line, a strong gust of wind hit my face, I didn't care because I did it I completed my first 5K.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment