Thursday, June 19, 2014

Asteroids By Kristopher P.


Hello, this is Kristopher.
This is my second video game review!!! This time, it will be about an old game called Asteroids. Now, don’t be fooled by the graphics, this is a really good game!

*

The rating of the game is … I’m searching on the web … (Lots of clicking sounds) ummm … … … there is no rating! So I’ll just say what I think of it. I think that is is E for everyone because there is no gore, no blood, and hardly any violence. The worst violence in the game is your ship blowing up. Now I don’t think that that sounds bad. (That repeated on purpose). Any way, I think that this is a 5 star game. It is really fun, and it is free!


There are 2 different systems that this game can run on. It can run on an arcade machine that was designed for this game, or on any computer. If there are any other systems that this game runs on, I don't know them.


The setting of the game is in outer space. You are in a rocket and you have to destroy asteroids without dying. You could be anywhere in space (for all I know).


There are no characters in this game. The things in the game are the following: large asteroids, medium asteroids, small asteroids, your ship, large alien ships, small alien ships, and bullets. Those are the things in the game.


There is no plot or storyline. All there is is… the things I just mentioned and a ticking noise. Well, if you call this the plot, the point of the game is to destroy all of the asteroids and aliens without them destroying you. The more asteroids you destroy, the higher your score will be. You have 3 lives and infinite ammunition.


My recommendation for this game (the kind of gamers who would like this) are the kind of gamers who like arcade games and the ones who like score games. This game has score and is an arcade game.


The tips I have for this game are the following: Don’t get crushed by asteroids, destroy all the asteroids as fast as you can, and don’t die! If you fly into a wall, then you come out the wall on the opposite side.  Your gun is semi-automatic! You cannot fly backwards.


How to play: The game is to use the left and right arrow keys to turn, use the up arrow key to move forward, and use the spacebar to shoot. Caution: alien ships shoot back.

No comments:

Post a Comment